daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Friday, July 11, 2003

Didn't sleep terribly well, and probably not just because of dreams of role-playing boardgames with most of the pieces (except the undead ones) missing--I've gone back to a college lifestyle in many ways, with the strange hours, but much less whiskey--it's this lack of deadlines that has been the adjustment, the lack of a routine, which has let my fingernails grow back. It's strange having no fucking formal responsibilities, just the ones I choose--and I don't function well with that amorphousness--I'm not good with making plans, I hate following recipes to the letter--somehow, and this ought to have been the title, I fancy myself with a certain slapdash omnicompetence. Sure, I write drafts and all, but the best stuff is all off the cuff, immediate: just get it done.