daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, July 24, 2003

So I've been wandering around these days without my glasses, which I have temporarily misplaced. It's strange, having to go back to my old ways of squinting and of guessing--I'm rather good at both, though I suppose the former to be more racially charged. So it's been annoying, to have my range so reduced, but it's helped me actually to focus, rather than to stare off into the distance, or be distracted with cruising. It's hard to cruise when you hafta squint to make eyes at someone. Not that I've ever been successful in that direction. It's a normative practice, after all, and I'm just a Chinaman...