daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

So it's a brave new year, or something. I stayed home, watching In the Bedroom from what must have been 6 years ago (it's just as good), cooking radicchio-peas-artichoke spinach fetucchine, two manhattans, and then passing out, waking up 5 minutes after midnight. I can't remember what I did last year, adn due to the writers' strike, the Tongiht Show was a rerun.

I've done extensive cleaning and then TV has been returned to the bedroom, although its flatscreen replacement is still waiting to be purchased. I've felt crippled, without a metrocard...