daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, July 13, 2003

It's amusing thing to do archaeology-by-way-of-receipt. What then, is to be made of the following ("fer-reals") order I placed today at AllDirect.com? As the old motto at math camp went, "This will not end well":

1 Assembly Language Programming for the IBM PC Family
=============================================================
1 LSAT
=============================================================
1 Sex And The City 3 - The Complete Third Season
=============================================================
1 Orientalism
=============================================================
1 Gunga Din Highway


But beyond this petty commerce, today has been thoroughly lazy, aside from the obligatory lifting. Classes begin tomorrow, and so I go back to a minor grind. Amazing how fast this summer has already moved, but I suppose I have let myself lose myself. But it's not hopeless.

Oh, yes: I've realized that gay New York is basically like a generic-brand raisin-bran cereal: some tasty fruits (somewhat dessicated), but mostly just flakes. Not that this realization is new--the conceit, though, is.