daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

So the Post is still a goldmine. Today, re: the gay high school thing, a 35-year-old sheet-metal worker from Westchester is heard to remark, "There's enough segregation in society as it is. What are they going to have next black and white school? It's ridiculous." I guess that's all I need to say...

I'm skipping classes today. It's not a big deal, though, as all my work is done, yet again. I really should find some fun project in Assembly to do in my spare time, except I don't actually have an assembler at home and hafta schlep an hour and a half to assemble my code. So I should find something fun to do, though I'm tempted to just do some more math, strangely enough: looking up all manner of old work, and hankering to do some writing again.

I'd made great progress on this one short story And there is hope quite some time ago, but I have made little progress since and it's not yet clear that my protagonist is a chinaboi. Hrmm....