daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, August 07, 2003

So I been sleeping rather well, which I would like to attribute to Joephet, lemme tell ya. Hrmmmm...

I've been saying goodbye to two things now, which have long been pillars of my life. Ever since Alric took his TV with him when he moved on up, I have been without TV. Perhaps because my schedule is off-prime-time anyway, given when I hafta get into classes, but I don't miss it at all. That is to say, I have much more time for net-bound activities, and I'm sure I'm not missing anything in the summer anyway. I suspect I read more and focus more. And if I really need TV, I can go visit Alric and watch some DVDs. It feels like college again, but this is not a bad thing. I have forgotten so much about Iron Chef, though. This is a tragedy.

Smoking, though, is something that is an even more daily part of my life for not as long. But this lingering sore throat has helped me to quit. If I can stay on this wagon, I'll be a lot healthier. We'll see.