daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, August 02, 2004

So I've missed a few days, and this was at least partially intentional, as I needed to get out of the slump of waiting, and now with less than a month to go, I feel vaguely reenergized and have spent the morning putting my accounts in order, something I haven't done for about three or four years, not since my fiscally responsible publisherial days in college.

Yep, five years ago I was quite the little wanker--I put away a 5-year CD, back when the APY was a whopping 7.22%. I weep at where things now stand. This weekend say a roundabout roundup of most of the relevant Asians in my life, including Rob Chin's sister, even, as well as the improbably Sino-Indian collaboration of Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle which was most satisfactory despite rampant homophobia and not exactly a liberation from one's ethnic heritage, nor even DuBoisian multiple consciousness. Nor did the audience evidence any Sino-Indian collaboration.

The thrust is just my reanimation, though the clock is ticking on any New Hampshire trip at this point, though if Alric could be convinced...