daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, September 24, 2006

So I'm all moved in. Granted, I should go and buy some groceries other than beer, but all my stuff is moved in, after great frustrations with the Chinese--first noon, then two, then three, then at last at 350, but then it was very fast--we were done in less than an hour, miraculously. I just feel bad for the poor Chinaman whose turn it was to sit in the back of the truck with all my stuff. But at least he gets a cigarette.

It's been and odd, itinerant month, and I think I was starting to come down with something with all that sleeping of the floor. I think it's going to be a comfortable lifestyle, and strangely enough the apartment seems bigger now that there's more stuff in it. I will need to restock several things, though, and so far I've only put up the DVDs and comics--the academic shelves (and there should be 7 in all) will take some more time to assemble.

Other than that, school's going well, but budo hasn't been happening nearly often enough. Maybe this week.