daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, July 30, 2003

So the past few entries have been just a tad out of synch for whatever reason--I have not been posting very promptly after writing. And I was away from internet access last night, so I wasn't able to say anything, though I guess I did find the right sort of distraction from that work. I think I'm reaching a blah blah phase right now--it's almost three on a wednesday afternoon and I've yet to check out the new comics for the week or the Onion. Still, the evening spent pleasantly with Joephet and going through old photos (new to me) with Betsy, marvelling, perhaps, at how little some things change, or sot hey apear: it's strange, as there are so few photos of me from the college years, as I don't think I had very shutterbug friends, and I certainly have never had a camera, trusting instead to memory. And of course I have such discontinuities: how many friends have lasted? Schisms sadly the usual mode. Ah, well: I should start turning on the matchmaking juices, it's just difficult cuz Alric isn't a Jew...

Also managed to dig up some lost gems via Joephet's lit anthologies, which do not coincide with mine, which are buried deep in boxes against my wall anyway: I do miss freshman year and my writing class then. In particular, Walker Percy's The Loss of the Creature (a title which I have forgotten for well-on 4 years) is I think the beginnings of my term "touristical" to describe a certain approach to experience. I really need to focus more, and might leave for school early, just to hit the library a little earlier than before. Ah, for bookshelves! I live in such squalor...