daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, July 12, 2004

So I have missed my first bloggiversary, and have been outblogged (but not outstripped) of late by Mister Lostin Yee but am home now briefly, having already completed an application and finished the Monday incarnation of a rather strenuous and sweaty workout, and now about to jet to meet with Kenta for lunch, which I think is the first time we have eaten in each others' presence, some odd pieces of pecan pie notwithstanding.

I have been more productive that I give myself credit for, even if Saturday was consumed by frolickery in Astoria Park with shirtless Joephet and substantial quantities of wine and mummery (this is a metonymic crypto-euphemism for everyone's favorite non-Sadat Egyptian). Somehow I did manage to touch base with all the relevant non-fraternal Asians in my life yesterday, and they were all generally displeased, except for Alric who was actually pretty content now in the middle of Brooklyn and our joint discovery that the Jetsons' maid Rosie was probably black, the transplanted brain into bosomy toaster, said brain abducted from the groundlings, and Kenneth who may no longer be debeboied. Rob Chin, however, is adjusting to the big city and cohabitation with Huge Chin. I was also consumed last night with what felt, briefly, like mathematical discovery once again, strangely enough, as connected with geometrical interpretations of Gaussian elimination, even though Joephet was skeptical and pooh-poohed my self-importance and absorption well into the night past our viewing of Underworld, which continues the theme in Van Helsing of werewolf-vampire conflict, something which either did not exist or which I was not aware of when I was a schoolkid reading black and white books about black and white movies. Still, that level of excitement I miss from my mathery days, though probably more my high school math days when I still thought that there were elementary solutions to the Twin Primes Conjecture, and indeed elementary solutions which I could master.