daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Saturday, July 03, 2004

So the point now is this that I am still waiting around like Penelope (only she's successful) for my new roommate who has yet to show or respond to all but the most perfunctory of phone inquiries. And so I'm giving up, having already passed up a Brooklyn jaunt to Coney Island, after much mirth drinking rubbing alcohol last night with Bessie and her crew from all corners. I have been feeling the urge to cook more, and much of this is just cheapness, as eating out is robbery, out and out, and I have found that Hebrew National's nearly fat-free franks are quite acceptable at only 50 calories a frank and kosher, no less, as a meat source that requires minimal effort. Beyond that, I should choose a type of cuisine to specialize in, and while the Joephet might demand French, I feel as various Latino cuisines would have the most to actually teach me. I feel as if pupusas are something I definitely should know how to make.