daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, November 04, 2004

So Bush won, but all my funds are up 2-3% in two days, so I guess this is what they mean by hedging.

I strained my throat today in class, but somehow keiko made me feel better, as it usually does, and now I should be fine. I've been very much off my game ever since the New Hampshire trip which was so disequilibriating. My in-school time has been focused more on curriculum development with others than other stuff. But I've been losing patience too. It's not been a good thing, and this has meant that I have made no progress on the novel today, meaning a 2,400 word deficit, which is now all the way up to 30% gap. But that's the sort of thing I can make up tomorrow with a little pressure.

Oh, yeah, Kerry lost, but I've been really tempted to say to all the moaning teachers at school, "Well, at least you're still white." It's annoying this Northeastern "liberal" elitism, which cannot comprehend morality--the answer to most of our problems might well be decentralization. The problem is when you take parochial elites a hotline into this federal world superpower arsenal. It's hard to believe in democracy and still complain--in some ways one could go further (in a much later post, probably more of a link) that the incompleteness of the Civil Rights movement, its co-opting by LBJ and so on has sealed the fate of this country, thanks to the vast southern political heft. I don't know about all that, but in practice we learned to always follow through, and the follow up with zanshin.