daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, February 06, 2005

So my feet are more torn up than usual thanks to an extra shiai-oriented keiko today, which is all well and good, exhausting as it might be for the most part--it was in many ways easier than the first segment, after I had been adequately hydrated and all that--Rob Chin still thinks I'm ridiculous for keeping a training log, and I think that he's actually pretty much correct. But then again it is in the tradition of throwing myself someplace totally out of my realm of competence, and relentlessly building up for it--perhaps even the sort of thing that I won't outgrow, like I seem to have most other things in my life.

All of this activity, however, has not really helped me much to slim down--probably because I eat ever so much more voraciously these days--a pattern that goes back to my New Hampshire farm days but such is the peril of married life.