daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, January 31, 2005

So am I right to be disturbed that a doctoral student in math education and former teacher of calculus is not "convinced" that 0.999999.... repeating is actually equal to 1? I mean, I really don't mean to be an Angus Correctalot, but you need to draw the line somewhere, after all.

I've tried to pick up the pace in terms of my cross-training for the taikai--today's circuits and suburi let me work up quite a sweat before the newest episode of 24, which was disappointing for its lack of Jack (and what kind of name is Audrey, anyway? I don't like her nose) but Behrooz is cuter every episode, and I'm glad Dina only sustained a flesh wound (no pun). But this episode felt more like one of those periodic housekeeping episodes, when various loose ends are tied up and others are just left behind. Still, it makes me thirsty for the missing season... I only wonder how they're bringing back Palmer for the last six episodes.

I'm now in the process of constructing a concept map for ratios. This should be interesting enough, though I can only fret about the new semester now upcoming. There is still, however, plenty of money to be had in terms of overtime. We'll see how that all goes by the end.