daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, February 04, 2008

So two things: first an Asianboi roundup (thanks to reviewing my blog from four+ years ago):

DoEun has gone dark, but I've gone matchmaker.
EnDee has finally arrived, but I'm not helping him enough.
HoEn has graduated, but still wants more.
PeeTrk has plenty of nice clothes, but still worries about everything.
RoCh has painted his room, but might miss tomorrow night.
xyFee has a new secretary, but is still on Guam

Thet has got me wrapped around his little finger but doesn't know it.



The shocking thing is looking back how much was captured by this blog, and how much I've lost in the interim. For example: the two Sundays past:

Sunday last: got up early, went to practice, Sensei in fine form, getting up from Sensei I twist my back and am in excruciating pain. I use all my kiai and tanden power to make it through practice. Run to duane reade and buy patches. Rob is showing his apt and so I go to the GC to internet for a while. Join my classmates (two mothers and a layover) for drinks (3 guinnesses), before meeting up with GBF for the usual crappy but adequate sushi. Then off to Rob for drinks at the pub (2) before to USQ to write my kendojournal. Run into Andy before my drink of the night. Stagger home.

Sunday this: got up early, went to kendo, back burning but i make it, somehow. Contact GBF and Andy about Flushing, planning for the LIRRst, but make it, somehow, way too early, hanging out waiting around for Thet's call, but knowing I don't really need it. Meet up eventually and go to a subpar Thai place, followed by hitching a ride with GBF's fugly ex to the mall. Purchase energy bars, antenna, router (not necessarily in that order). Come home to talk to fam, watch the Giants pull it out, heart it out with Andy. Then drink again and now here. Sundays can be pretty great.