daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, August 11, 2003

So I been outta touch, mostly because I have not been in internet range as much as I would like. Uhhh... So a fine carouse this weekend, with an appearance by Alric in his old, my current, neighborhood, at the Beer Garden, which is still fine even when it's pouring out: drunken yuppies or so tend to make the stage a massive slip'n'slide, which is amusing after you have plenty of whiskey in you, and generally, I suppose. Something charming about umbrellas being carried, and people being ferried back to dry land and more alcohol. And Alric did well for himself then. Ummm... There's something about these days that feels a lot like college, what with ending up at Neptune Diner afterwards, and not even all that late: we were kind of lightweights, I suppose.

Ummm... it's troubling when you arrange for a fag-brunch on a Sunday afternoon and end up eating around 5. Some things I will not get used to. I am also not used to dining in groups where the faggery is well-over 50%. Even in college, this was uncustomary. I suppose Alric is unaccustomed as well. Hrm... So in the end, I helped Joephet move around furniture to keep Asha out of the bedroom, so that she will no longer piss on his bed (this is his unsubtle hint that I should not piss in bed, if I don't want to be locked out). Actually a late-night food run Dannisward, which I suppose is Broadway. Life's tough without internet, as I learned that perhaps I should not have skipped class on Thursday...

This morning my plans to get both a cellphone and bookshelves have been foiled. In the former case by my lack of credit. In the latter case by my being up way too early for anything on Steinway to actually be open. And I am no longer skipping, so I will need to go to class all the time. I really do need to cancel my landline, though. $90 is a bit much to pay a month for a nonmobile phone. Stupid capitalism.