daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, January 20, 2004

So I been off my usual routine as far as blogging goes, and in part this is due to the draw of a new used PS2, but also because my internet at home has been mysteriously shut off, hopefully not because Neill has been delinquent on the cable bill as well as the rent. It's the New York rooming nightmare that I've managed to avoid up until now. Well, no. No used sundries lying around. Well, not anyone else's, at least. So Vasiliki has been understandably irate, and I don't know how much longer I'll be able to hold her off.

And tomorrow I go back to work, a terrible short week of half-heartedness on my part and the students': I really need the new semester to begin, as everything feels as stale as fresh Camels.

Dinner with Kenneth was long overdue, though he somehow needed a second main dish, for some reason, as I am trying to manage my love handles. He and Joephet are already on the cusp of a new semester, and I envy them for that. Then I trolled about Manhattan browsing Blockbusters for cheap used DVDs, finding Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle and actually buying it, though more due to Joephet's desire (and a thwarted would-be date from five months ago) than Stuart Klawan's favorable review.

Exchange with Joephet today:

J: Hillary Clinton is great.
Me: No she's not. She's racist and an opportunist. She said that Gandhi used to run a gas station. This, the greatest Indian leader of the century!
J: I don't see what's so great about Gandhi. He just starved himself. Big deal. I do that all the time!