daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, January 15, 2004

So last night I failed to blog, as I made a pitstop after a half-hearted, -assed, day at work at EB and finally picked up a PS2 with a little trepidation but plenty of accessories. After dragging it home for some satisfactory gaming at the expense of internet access, everything was all right, even though the console mysteriously dies after about 10 to 20 minutes. It might just be moisture condensation, but if it's more serious, I'm just getting a new system--it's pretty enough... Then I was straightening out rent issues with my landlord, as Neill has yet to pay his December or January rent, and this is a surprise and annoying to the core. So after a while longer, I checked out and headed over to Joephet's.

Along the way, I chatted mostly with Rob Chin about his job prospects, as he's still vacillating between a chance at studying for ayear in japan and getting a cushy job here in the city. I'm pulling for the latter. Then, it was the usual domestic glory, with a walk to Pathmark in the sparkly powdery snow mostly untouched, in which Joephet was doing all his backspins, salchows, spread-eagles, and so on. Though of course, the flip is what he's good at...