daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, May 26, 2004

So my mom's dad has finally died after a protracted illness--I'd always meant to go back before now, but it's too late. My mom's guilty for not being able to go back, but that's more my dad's decision... so now she will, and maybe I'll make a trip back this summer--I'm not really that upset, I guess, but it's still something--it's been over 14 years or so, and even then a-gong was well-on in years, shuffling around shake-headedly at my brother and I and our sloth, even as he collected stamps and enjoyed his Beijing Opera. Sigh. So much just lost.