daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

So rob chin is swinging by town for a bonus fiesta. I am ready for the fiesta, though it looks like the fiesta may take place on the E or A trains on the way to JFK. Still, it only takes one for a fiesta, though two is better.

I sleptwalkt again today through a day when the kids were off watching some movie for education value--the departing English teacher bemoaned inaccuracies in the fate of Ajax, though of course I don't really remember the difference between Ajax the lesser and the greater, though of course there's some Alric-denigrating joke in there sompelace.

I neglected yesterday to relate the following conversation amongst my ninth graders about another long boring blockbuster.

Girl 1: Yeah, I love that guy with the white hair!
Girl 2: Oh, yeah, he's my favorite?
Me: You mean Gandalf, the wizard?
Girl 1: No, the guy with the arrows--he's so cute!
Me: Oh, you mean that tw--umm... elf, right? He's white all right.
Girl 2: Aren't they all white?
Boy: Yeah, everyone's white.
Me: What about the orcs?
Girl 1: I guess not the orcs.
Boy: That's just what they do there, all that fighting.
Me: Where?
Girl 2: What's it called again? The Third World?