daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, May 24, 2004

So I was so frantically and busily finishing my paper this afternoon I didn't have a chance to even blog the news that Paulie has found a Korean fiancee who will be his Korean wife by the end of summer. This fact is both encouraging and depressing--it's excellent for Paulie, with whom I've fallen far too far out of touch.

Beyond that, it was just a matter of reunion with Kenneth who begins work tomorrow. It's not clear whether this is the first step on the way to toolery or foolery, though by the end of my large Asahi, I didn't quite care: it will be good to stay more in touch with folks in this golden time, even though it's still consumed by this job-hunt business.

Chatting with rob chin reminded me of my college days as well. Again, that I don't much miss them is perhaps the best sign of my current health. And I really can't wait for him to come to the city: it'll be all Kendos and Metal Gears and Asahis till dawn.