daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, May 23, 2004

So sadly the The Nation website is stingy to non-subscribers when it comes to their online archive, but they published for their Brown issue a great article on "adequacy" which is dear to my heart and blog.

Beyond that, today has been largely a day of check-ins but missed contacts--Paulie is likely headed back to Michigan without even a hello--it sounds like he even has a JD in his pocket. D checked in and has been harrassed worse than me, and Skaren now unfrantically knows the angles in a 3-4-5 right triangle (the larger is arccos (3/5), of course!). I also happened to miss Kenneth last night, so this has been kind of a socially dead weekend, but probably one of the last to be: I do need to make it down to see Lex before he and Hanna move off. Next weekend is Memorial Day at last, and I'll see if I can't try to have a barbecue for it. It's just not very clear, though, where that would be, and who would actually come. Somehow the idea of Alric, Joephet, D, Kenneth, and all my school friends together on my front lawn, while appealing, works better in a buddy movie than in real life.