daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, June 27, 2004

So it turns out that I still need a roommate, with three days before closing, but the worst case is that I end up fronting some cash for a month and paying $20 a day until the room is filled, basically. Still, it can't be worse given that I'm downing my rent to $500, which is ridiculous given the size of my room and the so on.

Rob Chin is back in town and is now bedecking himself sartorially with the help of his big sis. Rather, bio-big-sis-2, whereas I am pseudo-big-sis, or something like that, I suppose. My shinai is still sitting, disassembled, but unoiled as the alternative would be for it to smell like sesame. Tomorrow will be a day of goodbyes and interviews and also a boatload of forms-signings and the like. It will be odd, to be in a deserted circumstance. And I have cover letters yet to write...