daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, June 27, 2004

So I'm much amused by Lostin, who claims that AsianGuy actually isn't, and has been making shit up, embellishing and so on. I wouldn't be too surprised, I suppose, but of course there's a vast generational gap between him and us, so who knows. And I suck cock. So yeah... who knows...

Hrmm... Beyond that, I wish there were more to report: this being Joephet's last week around before he has to run off to Little Neck to be with his fam and moms for a month. While his incessant demands, uncontrollable nudity, spastic giggling, piercing yelps, and flip hair will be missed, it will be lighter on my wallet and easier to start my new martial habits, which seem a little odd, yes, and not as useful as farmwork or mathwork, in some ways at least, but at least provide another area for humility, which I view as a key experience--something again about the Zone of Proximal Development. So I have been excitedly sanding my shinai though somehow corn oil seems like it would be a little too heavy. My brother and Lostin, however, both seem overbored by Jersey, and I don't blame them. My weekend visits, however, will extend to both them and dear forgotten Miss Fegs--I haven't seen her or Fegsling or Fegslina in ages.