daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, August 22, 2004

So I have actually legitimate cause for not blogging--I went down to Jersey to go see my brother and Lostin before they both headed off from the summer, witnessing once more the shell of a university, though a shell very much lived in with stagnant pasta water and other forms of dark bacteria besides which Lostin in his shirtlessness decided to clean on behalf of his retard Physics REU compatriots. I myself had been forced to finish a liter of Asahi before I could leave my brother's temporary digs, and this I did within about twenty minutes. For the rest of the time, I coasted drunk, not needing to amp it up, while periodically calling Joephet at the Beer Garden and teasing him with Lostin's shapely tonedness. I was a high-energy wave-particle and I was inspired to get organized for the new year, including not in the least, trying to swing a bucolic misadventure kirka Labor Day, unless that would interfere somehow with Alric's existing plans.

The rest of yesterday was wandering around Manhattan in search of shoes and accessories, to little fruition, as it's the wrong week for sales for back-to-school, and I'm actually biding my time until the sale-tax-holiday, as that shit adds up. It's sad, really, these piddling percentages.

In any case, tomorrow I'm back in the saddle and glad: Joephet too.