daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

So I am not sure why I have not been more concerned about the gradual decline in my blogging frequency--it's not as if I have been more productively engaged in much of anything.

Meanwhile, my first student has made the news, for hacking to death with a sword some party-crasher in Brooklyn. I feel vaguely as if I have failed--surely I should have taught proper sword-handling to my students.

No, it's just a pretty blah sort of phase anyway, caught between two lifestyles with no return for another year, and yet at the end of each summer I am confronted by this same restlessness and the sense that I've been missing out on something in my idleness, like realizing that there are little cutesy flash animations on Bloomberg which I was missing because I was using Firefox. Which still begs the question: why am I going to Bloomberg?