daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

So due to a slight strain from katate kirikaeshi, I am wearing a wrist brace, which has led to all sorts of questions, but it may well improve my technique as I am forced to use less force--the puzzling thing for outsiders is that it's my left wrist and I'm right handed.

The math is amazing right now--I have instant recall of topology I haven't done for years, and have done rather well in terms of "concretizing the abstract" though it has become clearer and clearer that I need to either wait for everyone to retire or figure out a way to educate and reform a math staff (just a math staff!) far older, set in their ways, and anti-progressive than I am. This task is staggering, towering, ridiculous.

But what can you do?