daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

So today was a good practice, with lots of walking drills and advanced but useful moves, but somehow my lesson I taught--in both instances--was off, lacking the spark and vigor of last week. It's hard to say why--it's too early for a slump, but I begin already to see the need to plan and overplan, structure and overstructure, until things begin falling together. That is, I'm no shichidan at math (not even shodan, after all), so I should keep working at it.

Oh, yes. A subway ad caption for the Chinese-in-America museum reads, "Absolutely original."

Here's to flooding tomorrow in the subways!