daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, October 04, 2004

So today was so great that I stayed at work until nearly 730 writing lucrative proposals. I have figured out a way to fund the initial writing of my textbook at the generous per session rate. At that rate I would be giving myself an effective 10% raise if only I were to work for 150 hours, which is certainly the time it takes to write a textbook. I will need to get on the side of shadow publishing, but given that we have easy access to a print shop, it might be one of those hatcher-esque things. If the project 10-lesson textbook is what I hope it to be (the method only deals with single-variable algebra), I could certainly market those for half again as much as cost, with half the proceeds going to charity. That's a 16% cut, which is pretty damn good when you think about it. The texts themselves should be super-cheap as an ideal supplement for students.

Further, Rob Chin and I made a kenka run, where I mistakenly toasted to cute waiters when said cute waiter was bending over behind my chair (to pick up a dropped chopstick). This adventure was the more amusing because we left for Italian Tomato, only to get a call from Kenneth, whereupon, rather than brave the oversweetbrown vagaries of the Curry Club returned immediately to kenka yet again for dessert and silliness.

Lastly, my students this past weekend were given a journal entry assignment of writing just questions. Any questions they wanted. I've not yet had the time to read them all yet, but so far, the two sparklingest gems (aside from the sheet of questions that was all like, "Where does wax come from?") have been: "Why does math sucks so much?" and "How long you in this county?"