daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Thursday, September 30, 2004

So as I enjoy the scent of the ionized-clean air in my room, courtesy of Neill, I find that I have suffered my first major training injury, a circle of missing skin from the hell of my right thumb, which thankfully does not interfere with my grip. Alas, I have spent at least three hours the past three nights trying to straighten out my hakama, which is rather difficult work.

But at least I have a killer lesson or two planned for tomorrow. It's just that these days though they should be draining somehow are not--I survive and thrive and then can't sleep--not from insomnia, but some other sort of fruitfulness.