daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

So I have missed a number of days because I have been seeing Rob Chin almost nightly, mostly for random dinners in not-so-random Japanese classes and buried in the usual pile of classwork, though my kendo homework has been going all right by comparison. I am kind of looking forward to the new algebra unit, which will allow me to actually scale back a lot of the more progressive work I have been doing into something more procedural but still tool-oriented for discovery. Or something. My energy at least is up, even if the workload I have to contend with is still quite crushing indeed, with research papers and the other work that I need to do anyway--still, I find myself more centered than not. Certainly it's not as if my kendogi is going unwashed.

It's odd, though, this routine, but I suppose everything would be better were my Saturday not shot by the ATS-W. My long-range planning has gone to crap, I fear, but that's also OK, and it's depressing that Rob Chin will be able to eclipse my current net worth within much less than a year, and that he will surpass me entirely not long after that. So it goes, as it was pointed out I could be literally making ten times what I am now just by perpetuating capitalism (not that it needs my help).