daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

So Tuesdays really kick my ass which is odd because I don't teach under the afternoon, even though that's back-to-back, but perhaps I should keep in mind it is just ill-advised to give candy to kids at the beginning of a class. Still, they had fun in their own way, even if they didn't have the patience to count up to 130. It doesn't help that Tuesdays tend to be particularly tough practices, for whatever reason, and all this katate nonsense is really getting to me, I must admit, and me having left my wrist supporter at Joephet's embarassingly enough. Then again, I shouldn't have to feel any of this if I'm doing things right. But it was frustrating, surely, to have an off-night that was already so sweaty, and to get so many instructor comments about mistakes, though I'm sure those didn't pop up--they've been there all along, but now I'm post-fragile enough to hear how badly I'm doing. It's tricky, teaching with so many instructors in the room, and no single lesson plan, and thankfully no Regents exam.