daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Friday, October 08, 2004

So it doesn't help that in hanging out with the old school friends from last year, the white Filipina-marrying-pre-nup-requiring happy-jock was not only ridiculously pro-Bush but otherwise offensive. Still, it's odd to see those familiar faces and to know of retirements so early. I just don't appreciate demands for proof that over 3,000 have died in Afghanistan since the most recent American invasion.

In related news, I have purchased a pocket-watch. With luck, this will reduce my anti-bujii tirades.

I must say, I'm rather impressed by Kerry's performance. Skeletor without the Havoc Staff (there is a pun in there, someplace) (Skeletor, however, never killed any terrorists, and I'm pretty sure Jitsu (the evil bemohawked and goateed Asian analogue of Fisto) wasn't actually a southern Vietnamese collaborator).

My kids are too young and foreign to get Star Wars references. As well as references to Contra (down? up? left right? no... down up down up....)