daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

So last night I dragged myself out to Kenka with Rob Chin, mostly because I was ina good mood and could afford it, but then after dropping in on D who is actually moving out of the neighborhood now and picking up a copy of Lads which I am now happily reading alongside The Best Little Boy In the World as examples of memoirs which might have some insight lendable to Jaundice, which while quantitywise nearly on pace, is extremely extremely uneven in terms of tone. Either way, I missed a post yesterday, and was generally subdued.

Today, thanks to a canceled meeting, was much more upbeat, another one of these days where nothing happens until 1 pm, and then I go and teach for three hours straight.

Practice today was good, though this one Sensei has a penchant for making our wrists hurt. I am still awaiting my bogu, though some conversation indicates that my measurements were not completely off, and a bigger men is always easier to fix than a too-small one. Then again, I've only been at this for a month and three weeks, which is hardly very much time at all, and so there is plenty of time yet--the first ten years, as they say, is the hardest.