daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, November 08, 2004

So there is very little to report today, beyond the slow and pleasing push that I am making on the novel, now at 11,000 words, which is a little under pace, though. Alric suggests that I introduce more plot, perhaps through a road trip or something like that, but I am skeptical. The problem is that I do not know what the real-life resolution for Lostin would be. But I think that the new character of Gunter is promising indeed, and that it can well take up a good chunk of the novel, and more and more Gunter feels like he ought to be the protagonist, though the word count does not yet reveal that. The sad thing... I'm not making any of this up.