daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

So I am excited to start learning Chinese again more consistently than before. It looks less likely, though, that I will be applying to Japan for the summer--better to stay here and contemplate buying a co-op or house, as long as the maintenance is tax-deductible-enough. I have enough on my mind in terms of getting my grants finished for the end of this semester. Then of course there's the entire textbook issue. I guess we'll see on that.

I have been swept up by the life of Zhou Enlai, while confused--wouldn't the Frankie Muniz character in Racing Stripes have more of an African accent?