daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, December 12, 2004

So I've missed a number of days, in my new and successful attempt to sleep a whole lot more than before.

White people are funny: in ordering tickets for House of Flying Daggers, they inadvertently get tickets for Flying House of Daggers, House of Flaming Daggers, House of Flying Dragons, etc, etc.

My training has gone to the next level, namely in full armor, and I suck big sweaty balls, but it's just a beginning, and the transition seemed somewhat melodramatic when it comes right down to it--just another step on a long journey.

Meanwhile, I have become a professional bowler. Well, if by that you mean I took my students bowling, and was paid to do so. I need to work on my game, as I tend to hook my throws far too much, and I have poor form, and bad fumikomi.

Hrmmm... time to shower and hustle to practice--my left ring finger is spazzing oddly, as if one of the tendons is damaged--if it gets too close to being bent, it jumps the rest of the way, like some odd sort of latch.