daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

So last night was my first night in tare and do, and I feel a good deal more serious. All told, it didn't make that much of a difference, I don't think, in terms of my still wayward technique, and most of the anxiety was beforehand. Still, it's good to have a little variety and a new routine.

The launch of the textbook project has also gone remarkably well--I just need to stay ahead of my galloping students, and vary the types of activities a little bit. Beyond that everythings all right enough, and I think this new unit and new beginning are exactly what I needed. Little else to report, as I am on one of these coastal arcs.

The only major interruption has been the lack of a cellphone for the past half-month, which has meant that I call up certain out of area coders much less and that I don't get to say goodnight to wifey and so on, but I can live with that--I can just go visit more often, I suppose...