daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

So a cursory search for my alma mater on friendster reveals that of the first 100, a full 40% claim to be from the Philipines. Or the other way around. It's kinda odd, as I don't remember meeting a single one. Beary, of course, duly informed me that the Web is mostly flip these days. Then again, so is my lovelife, and I can't complain.

It's odd that today's sort of service interruption at Queensboro doesn't actually happen more often--it's a marvel people dont' get sick on the trains more often. Luckily, I was already at 57th Street so I walked over to the F, waited in Queensbridge, and made it home on the Q19A, rather than being sardinepacked into an overbooked N. Somehow diverting people via the 7 doesn't quite make sense.