daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

So it's been a while, and I've been to the Mitten-state and back, and I played a number of matches, and scored two points, but upon going back to the home dojo last night realize that there is a whole lot more work that I need to do, and it's a little frustrating, but probably just because my right arm got whacked and still rather hurts. It was a good experience, if only because I got to see the heights of teenager-kendo--which is damn good, what with unconquerable seme and what not, while further putting my own place on the mountain in context. It also didn't hurt to see the parents, though of course they seemed much older and yet the old house seemed pretty much unchanged from my previous visit two years ago this time--the only difference is that nothing, and I mean nothing, has been thrown out--I can look at an object and trace it back ten years at the least--it's just piles of junk--sometimes organized into thematic piles--but it's all there for possible eventual use. The knife-sharpening-rock is worn until there is a groove into it, as is the cutting board, and the chopsticks are also almost worn down to needles. I now know where I get it from, and that I have a relatively mild case.