daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, March 13, 2005

So today has been solidly unproductive, as I feel as if I should be trading more. Or something... I can see how easily Alric got sucked into this constant calculation, even as I'm amused that he's only now discovering the Magnetic Fields. But then again music is one of those things that I have absolutely no insight into or appreciation for. But then again, I don't feel bad as my bond fund has exactly 1/100 of the expense charges which Alric's hedge fund does. That's just a cavernous gap.

I find my dedication to kendo a little wavery these days, but that's probably the loomingness of this paper that's due in a couple Wednesdays. I hate papers, and always wait too long to write them, but they also tend to turn out just fine--this has been such a fast-moving March, and each week has had its separate interruption, blissfully enough. I'm just too old at this job, I've seen it all before, and it's all been done before, it feels...