daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

So I have fallen off the horse again, which means that you've all been missing out on great things like Asianboi roundup and of course vignettes such as these:

[ATM lobby chamber]
Guy: I don't get that. Did you see that?
Girl: What?
Guy: On the screen, they write "ingles".
Girl: So?
Guy: Well, I don't understand why they would do that.
Girl: So that people can know that it's English.
Guy: But if you speak Spanish and can read English, why do you need to know it's "ingles"?
Girl: But they translated 'Spanish' into Spanish too.
Guy: That's exactly my point--I don't need to know the other option, just the one I can read.
Girl: It's not a big deal.
Guy: I just don't understand who their audience is, is all.