daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, July 25, 2005

So my boss neglected to show up for work today, which meant that I just went and took a half-day and was able to finish reading Harry Potter, which seems a little lighterweight than usual, but then again I've forgotten so many of the more minor details and scenes which get so wrapped up in itself. I was able to finally hit the office and make some headway on the various grants I've almost finishied, for the most part--it's hard collaborating with people, and part of this is my misogyny, I'm sure, but some people just don't work very hard or well with others--as for me, when it's a solo project, I'll dawdle as I please, dallying until that last push. Not so with others--I need to be satisfied with the overall pace. And it also meant that I was able to go home early enough to pick up my dusty dusty weights again--it feels good,a different rush from kendo altogether, as well as a little present for Wifey. Time to raid the bookshelf again.