daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, August 08, 2005

So I've got this snazzy new GC computer account with a U: drive to put my stuffs, and Joephet is logged in as me next to me, and I'm trying to figure out whether or not to actually start on the other texts I'm writing this summer or whether just to focus on this scale-model stuff. But what I'm really trying to figure out now is now that I'm no longer in the center-aisle of catalog computers which are doubling as all-purpose Korean kiosks, how exactly the fluorescent lights in this area work--I've been seeing them turn ona nd off periodically, and I wonder whether that's just because they're defective or whether it's actually because they are being rotated to save on energy and prevent overheating. I should google that.