daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Sunday, September 11, 2005

So two nights ago before Wifey and I went to see The Exorcism of Emily Rose, we went to Tokio for dinner, and there I mistakenly swallowed an entire clump of wasabi as I was wolfing down some salad. Luckily, Wifey had some he wasn't using.

The first day of classes was strange, because I am being firm about certain habits, and I am comfortable with waiting and waiting and waiting until the students are ready to do what I want them to next. So this patience will pay off, if only I stick with it. But there will be quite some time yet before I can tell. The most resistance predictably comes from the boisterous-boys of last year, who still think they can run at all amuck.