daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

So I've been loving "His Dark Materials"--which is much more touching, moving, and sad epically than its other counterparts.

I went down to the main office of one of the consortia our school belongs to. So much hugging. Somehow I've become the school liaison. This was a tricky waza.

At the Thai restaurant tonight, one of the cute waiter-people asked Wifey, "I'm sorry to be asking this, but did I see you on the 6 train? Like maybe two weeks ago, or a month? I thought it was you, but I didn't want to say anything..." Which is all the odder given that he made a big point of having married into the family which owns the restaurant. You have your own Wifey! Leave mine alone.

It's an odd schedule this semester--I don't teach until Thursday, but I do feel a little jittery, somehow.