daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, January 16, 2006

So I must say the first two hours of the new Day of 24 is a little disappointing, mostly because Kim Bauer still lives, and she's the first person I'd shoot in the neck if I had a choice. Because if she's still alive, she'll probably still need to survive and run away from suvivalists, cougars, racist hicks, cars falling down cliffs, and the like The sad thing is that the anticipation had me so worked up I was even distracted during keiko today, although the night before I had my first dream set in the dojo, though i think I just needed to pee, hiking up my hakama so as not to dribble over everything, while not wanting to be late for the start and warmup. Rob Chin and I did our best to host our party, but it didn't really go that far, I'm afraid.

Funnily enough Wifey ran into both Alric and Bess at the Brooklyn Museum today, so I sadly wasn't there for that first introduction. I feel as if Wifey deserves to have some business cards made with his friendster userid URL and a link to his blog. It's funny how he thinks he can avoid me by hissily turning around in bed. Let's see if I can convince him to come to my place tomorrow for hours 3 and 4, though it'll be distracting to watch without him squealing and criticizing the violence. Still.