daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

So I am trying to reconstruct the menus from my time visiting at home for my annual tournament dropby:

Saturday:
Greenbeans with shredded pork
Baked chicken
Tofu with mushrooms and pork

Sunday:
Beef stew (american style with tomatoes, celery, and so on)
Rainbow trout
Green beans with blackbeans
Spring rolls (pork, zucchini, bean sprout, and carrot filling)

Monday:
Red-braised pork, daikon, and eggs
Beef with Broccoli and Mushrooms
Nappa with bean curd skin and meatballs
Eggplant with pork
Steamed meatloaf with tofu and tomatoes

My parents report they won't need to cook for two weeks. I believe them.

Every time I go back, it gets a little stranger and a little sadder. I mean, they've closed off the entire upstairs (three bedrooms), and turned it into a giant walk-in refrigerator, separated from the warm downstairs by a thick curtain. This thus means that they sleep in the formal dining room, and I ended up sleeping in the basement. The grandparents have stopped dying their hair. But at least the paternal unit has now found a job at the local community college as a lab assistant.

But it's good to back, as hectic as today was: airport, office, brooklyn meeting, practice, a special trip to l&l for wifey, and then finally home and cuddly now with wifey-poo. Poo.