daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Monday, February 18, 2008

So as my annual trip "home" draws to a close, I find myself again anxious to return to New York and the more normal course of my life, as busy as that is going to be right when I hit the ground. It's been more of the same, I could tell the same stories of sweat pants, pirated wireless, procrastination, overeating and underheating that I have been for years. Things never change, until two grandparents pass.

I'm looking forward to the future, though, vaguely contemplating an April trip to Venezuela and a July-August thing to Taipei/Taiwan, all mediated by plenty of kendo.

I feel like almost everything in my life has come together except a couple things I used to take for granted back in the day which now I don't at all. It's gotten better and worse and now I just continue on, plenty fine for the most part, alternating with silences that stretch indefinitely.

Still, it's been nice to be clean from booze and tobacco, even though I'd much rather be eating less than what I'm doing now. Time to get back in shape--I need a new gym routine for sure!