daily specials:
drew's tasting menu:
appetizer: unflaming, whiskey-soaked inari
soup: whipped rice congee
entree: seared duck breast (from a young, but fed-up bird)
dessert: fresh asian fruit salad with bitter melon-lemon dressing

Wednesday, September 03, 2003

So my reduced access to the internet has not necessarily sharpened my prose when I do use it. And this is a shame, for I am still meandering about, not yet fully settled into my new classroom, and have been hanging out with colleagues. One teacher in particular reminds me of a Tracy Morgan character on SNL, and the arrogance of some teachers from other schools when it comes to playing along with group activities (on company time, after all) is troubling. A lot of my ideas being echoed here: on the force of explanation and the stupidity of completing sequences, and that sort of thing. So this is nice, but perhaps should not take all day, quite. And it's hard to know what sort of schedule I can ever really settle into with my own life, once school starts. BUt having your own classroom, while cutting down on the contact you might have with someone like Miss Fegs, does let you get organized with files, and maybe even set up different learning stations, or something which is more geographically awake... Beyond that, yet more classes, and decent hope for writing this seemster, if only because it is hoped. It feels good.